History of GANS
Participation in GANS
History of GANS
How long has GANS been around?
Who were the founding members of GANS?
What was the original vision for GANS?
- Doug MacDonald, Gerry Post, Herb Ripley, Brad Fay, Nancy Vanstone,& John Whiteman and others interested in geomatics at that time founded GANS in response to a need for an industry association that represented the geomatics community in Nova Scotia.
- The original GANS vision was to promote and develop the geomatics industry in Nova Scotia.
How much does a membership cost?
Why should I join? What are the benefits of a GANS membership?
- Individual membership is only $50! Join today!
- Student membership is free! Join today!
- Participation on a GANS Committee
- Invitation to Free Events (Christmas social, Lunch & Learns, evening socials, etc)
- Discounts on GANS sponsored Events
- Professional Development
- Access to Members Only area on gans.ca
How can I become a member?
- Corporate Exposure on gans.ca
- Business Development
- Free Membership to Students
Why should I participate?
How can I participate in GANS?
- Active, engaged members help to shape the GANS community and foster geomatics growth in Nova Scotia!
- Join a committee that interests you!
- Attend GANS sponsored events, workshops, socials, AGM, conferences
- many offer FREE registration
- Share your geomatics knowledge and experiences with other members
What are the Committees? How do they work?
- Tell a friend about GANS!
4 Core Committees:
One temporary committee:
- 2012 Geomatics Atlantic Conference Organizing Group
Each committee has an area of focus and responsibility as set out by the Terms of Reference. The committees meet regularly and the Chair or delegate reports to the Board each month. The committees work toward the GANS goals & objectives.
How can I find out who is on a GANS Committee?
How many people are on the Board? How is the Board selected?
- Committee membership list is available to on the individual committee pages.
- There are 9 Board Members nominated at the Annual General Meeting. If there are over 9 nominations, a vote is held.
How can I find out about membership dues?
How can I find out about GANS financial information?
- The Treasurer’s Report is provided to the Board each month and is included in the Meeting Minutes. Contact the GANS Board for further details.