Location: Antigonish (preferably) or Bedford
Strum Consulting, a leader in survey, environmental and engineering consulting since 1995, is expanding our Engineering and Surveying Department and has an opening in our Antigonish office for licensed land surveyor or articling student with a geomatics engineering degree to be part of our team.
At Strum, we provide legal land survey services through several certified Nova Scotia Land Surveyors. We currently have projects that require additional surveying support in the areas of residential development, commercial and industrial development, wind farm development, design/build projects, municipal engineering, as well as other types of projects.
What we offer:
- Excellent pay & benefits
- Work on a wide range of large and small, interesting projects
- Work under the supervision of a professional surveyor and/or engineer
- Interact with a diverse client base
- Benefit from a leading edge customized project management system
- Be part of a Team rather than just a number
The position requires a highly motivated individual with both technical and communication skills, confidence in representing Strum at business meetings; a positive attitude, and strong organizational and communication skills. At Strum, we provide a professional, energetic team environment that promotes camaraderie, and collaboration which results in low staff turnover.
Desired Skills & Experience
The requirements for this position are:
- Candidates will be registered as a Nova Scotia Land Surveyor, or capable of becoming registered in a reasonable time frame. Minimum 5 years related experience.
- Professional Engineer, licensed or eligible for membership with Engineers Nova Scotia preferred
- Consulting background an asset
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Comfortable meeting with clients and exploring new business opportunities
Technical Capabilities for our Areas of Interest shall be:
- Design and prepare survey drawings, plans, reports, sketches & diagrams for the following types of projects:
- Residential subdivision
- Commercial and/or institutional developments
- Boundary Retracement Surveys
- Construction-related projects
- Topographic and volume surveys
- Control Surveys and networks
- Perform research, computations and boundary analysis for legal surveys and survey related projects.
- Coordinate and direct AutoCAD drawing preparation
- Attend meetings with contractors, regulatory agencies, and clients
- Manage projects, administer contracts, and control budgets
Since 1995, Strum has provided a work environment that encourages career development while maintaining a work life balance in Atlantic Canada. We offer competitive pay, a dynamic work environment, and an excellent benefits package. Please see our website for other opportunities and to learn more about our Team - www.strum.com. Please contact Blake Beaton, Manager of Survey Services, at [email protected]