Terms of Reference
A primary goal of the Geomatics Association of Nova Scotia is to provide value to its members. In return, a strong and growing membership ensures that the association remains healthy, productive, and financially stable.
The purpose of the Membership Workgroup is to foster and maintain the connection between GANS, its members, and its supporters (sponsors), by providing a sense of community throughout its events and other engagements. By communicating with the rest of the Association and its working groups, the Membership Workgroup will ensure this purpose of “connection” is woven through all GANS activities.
Goals / Role of the GANS Membership Workgroup:
- Administer registration and regular audits of member and sponsor numbers, by doing the following: - Updating the GANS website to include new members/sponsors and to mark those expired, - Maintaining a list of GANS members/sponsors in preparation for invoicing every December 1st, - Prepare and distribute invoices to members/sponsors for both new registrations and renewals.
- Frequently and consistently evaluate GANS’ Membership/Sponsorship Programs and relationship management effectiveness; recommend, as necessary, new ideas to improve the value delivered to members/sponsors.
- Communicate regularly with other GANS committees, ensuring that GANS members are receiving value in their membership (e.g. Communications and Events Workgroups).
- Actively promote and recruit new Individual Members into the Geomatics Association of Nova Scotia.
- Actively promote and recruit new Corporate Sponsors into the Geomatics Association of Nova Scotia.
Members and Chair person(s):
The GANS Membership Workgroup should consist of no more than 6 people. Workgroup membership is open to any member of the Association in good standing. A Chair will be ratified by the Board who will serve a one-year term.
The GANS Membership Workgroup will report directly to the Board of the Geomatics Association of Nova Scotia.
The GANS Membership Workgroup will meet as required. The Workgroup is urged to meet, collaborate, or connect through innovative, technology-driven methods.
The GANS Membership Workgroup members serve without remuneration.
The Board of the Geomatics Association of Nova Scotia must approve amendments to these Terms of Reference.